About the WOMB
WOMB: “a sacred place of origination and development”
THE WORLD OF MY BABY™: The WOMB grew out of a passion for supporting women and their families as birth and postnatal doulas. Lorri Fleming and Angie Stenback founded Halton Doula Group on April 21, 2007 with the love of a small community, friends and family that quickly grew through word of mouth throughout Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton, Peel and Toronto.
Halton Doula Group began as 3 birth and postnatal doulas, and over 7 years and through 3 maternity leaves, the group grew to include 8 doulas, 2 lactation consultants, childbirth education, workshops and seminars, sleep support and parent coaching. As the services and partnerships with other health care practitioners expanded, the need for a physical location became a dream come true.
THE WOMB opened its doors in Milton, Ontario in June 2014. At 2,600 square feet, the centre houses 2 workshop rooms, 8 clinical rooms, an office, kitchen and living room, of which Lorri and Angie hope to create an environment that you feel welcome and at home. Then in January 2018 a second location was opened in Burlington, Ontario and franchises in Vaughan and Woodstock will be opening in 2020!
Today, THE WOMB provides families with support, health and education from conscious creating, informed pregnancy, mindful birth and parenting in a non-judgmental, welcoming environment through self awareness, support, education and an integrated health care team. It is a center of excellence; a place where expert practitioners of health and research provide families with the best care possible and individuals come to receive tenderness, education and love. The WOMB serves families from as far as New York State and Michigan, Woodstock, Kitchener/Waterloo, Guelph, Brampton, Oakville, Milton, Mississauga, Toronto, Burlington, Hamilton, Halton & Peel Regions.
The WOMB is a gathering space of origin, growth and love. It is a wholeness centre that nurtures and nourishes families by providing and inspiring commUNITY and connection.
To grow, nurture and inspire a commUNITY of WOMBs that provide education, products and a collaborative, whole health team in a loving and nourishing environment.
The WOMB’s ROOTS ground us, provide our foundation, and nourish our vision and mission. The following values represent our philosophies and guide us as we endeavor to nurture, love and inspire communities.
1. CONNECTION AND COMMUNITY
- We value listening, compassion, love and kindness and treat ourselves, our clients and our community with consideration and tenderness.
- We value the role of others - partners, family and community in all aspects of pregnancy, birth, parenting and through every stage of life.
- We value teamwork and collaboration and respect each other’s strengths while working together to produce synergistic outcomes and experiences.
- We value the privacy and confidentiality of our clients’ and communities’ information.
2. NURTURE, LOVE AND INSPIRE
- We value gratitude, appreciation and joy as a balanced way of being and we choose to bring these into our daily activities and the culture that we create.
- We value individual expression and care for our clients without prejudice against age, race, religion, culture, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical abilities or socio economic background.
- We value integrity and walk our talk leading by example in our personal and professional lives by connecting to and expressing from our authentic selves.
- We value pregnancy, birth and parenting as holistic life events.
3. GIVING AND CHARITY
- We value sharing and providing for families and communities in need.
- We value collaboration with charity organizations that align with our mission, vision and roots.
4. PRESERVING MOTHER EARTH
- We value protecting our Mother Earth through the use of sustainable practices, reusable resources, minimizing waste and use of toxic, synthetic products.
5. LEARNING, EVOLVING AND GROWTH
- We value informed choice. We provide the information and resources necessary for each unique person and family to make educated decisions based on their individual needs and goals.
- We value continued growth and rites of passage of the individual through all stages of life.