Registered Massage Therapy
Regularly receiving fertility massage provides many benefits for the reproductive system. Some of the benefits are:
- Helps to reposition a tilted uterus
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Massage helps to break up scar tissue
- Helps to bring fresh blood to the uterus
- Helps to reduce stress & stress hormones
- Increases circulation to the uterus & cervix
- Improves endocrine system communication
- Encourages the liver to get rid of excess hormones
- Promotes hormonal balance by strengthening the hormonal feedback loop
- Helps the body to rid itself of old stagnant blood and tissues
Studies indicate that massage therapy performed during pregnancy can reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, reduce swelling and edema, and improve labor outcomes and newborn health.
Massage therapy addresses different needs through varying techniques, which aim to relax muscle tension and improve lymphatic and blood circulation through mild pressure applied to the muscle groups of the body.
The “belly drop” table is a specialized pregnancy table that is specifically designed to safely and comfortably support a pregnant woman up to full term and after childbirth in the face down position. The belly section includes a padded, adjustable sling to support the expectant mother’s body in any stage of pregnancy without adding undo strain on the body. This allows clients with pregnant and postpartum bellies to lie comfortably in a face down position throughout the massage so that we can accommodate mom (and baby) as best we can! In fact, most women never want to leave the table!
Research shows that infant massage has been beneficial in the following areas:
- Helps Relieve Discomfort from Gas, Colic, and Constipation
- Improves Blood Circulation
- Aids in Digestion
- Enhanced Development of the Nervous System
- Stimulates Neurological Development
- Increases Alertness/Heightened Awareness
- Reduces Stress Hormones
- Improves Immune Function
- The Release of Oxytocin, the Nurturing Hormone
Postpartum massage can be as important and beneficial as massage during pregnancy. Postpartum bodywork is an effective and holistic approach for the many adjustments to motherhood.
Massage is well known for relaxation, stress reduction, pain relief and other health benefits. Unique postpartum benefits include hormone regulation, reduced swelling, better sleep and improved breastfeeding. More advanced therapy helps restore your body to its pre-pregnancy condition, speeds healing and assists with caesarean birth recovery.
60 MINUTES: $85*
45 MINUTES: $70*
30 MINUTES: $55*
*All RMT services are subject to HST